Saturday 23 April 2016

Zac Efron’s girlfriend has a clothing line that was inspired by a denim patch


Stylist Sami Miró launched her first clothing line on Wednesday: Sami Miró Vintage, a grungy collection chock-full of chokers and barely there pieces. Her magnum opus? A $210 sheer bodysuit with a rectangular boob-cover.

“If I ever wanted to wear . . . the bodysuit with like jeans or a skirt or something like that, I would have to wear a bra under it and I just thought it ruined the whole look,” Miró told Elle magazine. “The issue was like the whole nipple situation . . . I was trying to think of things I could do to just cover up the boob part and still make it cute and not distracting.”

“If I ever wanted to wear . . . the bodysuit with like jeans or a skirt or something like that, I would have to wear a bra under it and I just thought it ruined the whole look,” Miró told Elle magazine. “The issue was like the whole nipple situation . . . I was trying to think of things I could do to just cover up the boob part and still make it cute and not distracting.”

The 28-year-old stylist says her peculiar solution to the “nipple situation” was inspired by the denim patch jacket she made for Efron to wear to Saturday’s MTV Movie Awards. She added scraps of fabric that function like censor bars covering strategic areas of her sheer jumpsuits.

“I thought, ‘Oh wait, this would be perfect, a strip to cover up just the necessary parts and then you don’t have to worry about wearing a bra at all and you’re good to go,’ ” Miró continued.

She’s not the only one to embrace the censor-bar trend. Sales for black bandeaus have skyrocketed after Kim Kardashian’s nude mirror selfie. But, unlike those black strapless tops, Miró insisted her bodysuits are perfect for any occasion.

“You could put a dress over it, you could wear some shorts with it,” she said. “I think it’s a very versatile piece that can literally be worn with anything.”


Written By Christian Gollayan

Source:The New York Post

No comments:

Post a Comment